Donations

Thursday, July 12, 2018

What? We have potatoes? (the single best metaphor for 2018)


On the other side of the world, new details about Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's ill-fated trip to North Korea last week. Sources say the meeting went “as badly as it could have gone.” Pompeo was supposed to meet with Kim Jong Un, but got snubbed because now, according to North Korean state media, Kim Jong Un was busy visiting a potato farm. For real. Which caused a huge reaction in North Korea. They're like, “What? We have potatoes?” --Jimmy Kimmel

I'm driving to work, and right on the corner of Hollywood and La Brea, I notice that the newspaper box was smoking. It was on fire. First time I passed, there were flames coming out of this thing, so I doubled back to shoot video — because I'm a journalist first and foremost. By the time I got there, a guy from the kabob shop had thrown a pitcher of water on it. If a newspaper bursting into flames isn't the single best metaphor for 2018, I really don’t know what is. --Jimmy Kimmel

http://idiocracy23.blogspot.com/2016/06/john-hulse-collected-poems-1985-2015.html “A magisterial collection. An emotional roller coaster. Soon to be a cult classic. A combination of Bukowski’s Last Night On Earth and Orwell’s 1984.”




No comments:

Post a Comment