Donations

Thursday, June 28, 2018

In the end, this Supreme Court case will be decided by the swing vote, Justice Meat Loaf (And don't tell me your mind's going)


Today, Justice Anthony Kennedy announced he's retiring from the Supreme Court. I never thought I'd say this, but you're only 81! They say 81 is the new 79. And don't tell me your mind's going, because I read "Bush v. Gore" and "Citizens United" — you never had one. --Stephen Colbert
This is a seismic political event, because Kennedy has been the decisive vote in many cases, and his retirement gives Trump the opportunity to fundamentally change the course of the Supreme Court, and I would not trust Trump to fundamentally change the dessert course. Oh, we are supremely screwed. I look forward to Wolf Blitzer in 2021: "In the end, this Supreme Court case will be decided by the swing vote, Justice Meat Loaf." --Stephen Colbert
http://idiocracy23.blogspot.com/2016/06/john-hulse-collected-poems-1985-2015.html “A magisterial collection. An emotional roller coaster. Soon to be a cult classic. A combination of Bukowski’s Last Night On Earth and Orwell’s 1984.”

No comments:

Post a Comment