Donations

Thursday, April 18, 2024

mom’s water trick (poem)


mom’s water trick 

my mom gathered us around a white plastic bowl filled with water. 

she promised us an incredible magic trick! 

my uncle was just home from Vietnam and even as kids we could
feel the wild energy
in the air. 

my uncle was six foot five
and my mom had to struggle to reach the top of his head. 

she pulled a hair out of my uncle’s head holding it up to the light
and twisting it between her fingers. 

the first one was no good.
she tried again,
reaching skyward toward the top of my uncle’s head. 

he protested a little this time, but mom got another one. 

“ahhhhhhh, perfect.” she said. 

she held her hand an inch over the bowl of water 

and carefully let go.
my uncle’s hair
fell gently into the bowl
making small ripples in the water. 

we waited.... 

“There do you see it!” my mom shouted. 

we couldn’t tell what was happening... 

“Look! Look closer. There it is..” 

we pressed our tiny faces even closer to the bowl. 

my uncle David’s curiosity also got the best

of him and even his face was brought closer to the magic

that was about to happen..

then out of nowhere....WHAMMM! 

my mother had slammed her hand into the water bowl

soaking our innocent faces with water and leaving us in a state

of shock and surprise!

we all laughed hysterically and chased each other all through the house 

giggling like the innocents we were. 

we sent a message of love and happiness all the way to the stars. 

No charge. 


https://idiocracy23.blogspot.com/2023/12/baby-baby-all-time-when-do-we-want.html

“A magisterial collection. A combination of Bukowski’s Last Night of the Earth

and Orwell’s 1984.”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment