Donations

Friday, December 22, 2023

Baby, Baby All the Time (When do we want justice? When do we want peace?)


Awards:

International Poet of Merit

Shakespeare Trophy of Excellence



I Am Waiting (for Lawrence)


I am waiting while you think

things over

and while I am waiting, I am tired 

of asking the rich to not eat us alive 

and I am waiting for my government 

to care about my health and safety 

instead of enriching the corporate 

profits of their friends

and I am waiting to see if the military

will turn its flesh melting machines 

on us for protesting child hunger 

on a Thursday

and I am waiting for Mr. Winter

to give me one last cold squeeze

and I am waiting for the man, 

whose waiting for his man 

whose waiting on a cup of coffee,

and is in no real hurry,

unlike me

and I am waiting to experience the love

that’s in my mind

and I am patiently waiting for 

the revolution to begin



I am waiting for a sermon, mounted 

or unmounted

and I am waiting for my government 

to stop trying to control me

and I am waiting to see if your heart is 

in the right place

and I am waiting for Mother Nature

to give us the Big Fuck You!

and I am waiting for you to take me now,

here as I am

and I am waiting to find out what I have

been missing

and I am waiting to find out for whom

the bell tolls

and I am waiting on the whippoorwill 

to protest becoming 

an endangered species

and I am waiting for the memory to fade

of me going down on her on a spiral

staircase in Connecticut

and I am waiting to bury the past 

in forgiveness

and I am waiting for the world to finally

give peace a chance


I am waiting for the orgasms 

of the anchorman

to die down as he describes 

the beauty of our weapons

and I am waiting for the names of

Epstein’s clients to be released,

and I am waiting to read 

the un-redacted report 

on the Kennedy assassination

and I am waiting for an explanation

of what chemicals they used in their

fracking operation

that left 30,000 innocent and

healthy fish

DEAD on the shore

Oh, they don’t have to tell us

Because they wrote the laws

that said so

That’s why, asshole!

Thanks for asking

and I am waiting on Hemingway’s 

orange juice, Hold the shotgun

and I am waiting with only 

eight good fingers

and no money in my pockets

and I am waiting for the eyes in the hills

to finally come on down

and introduce themselves

and I am waiting to live in a country

where the FBI doesn’t initiate a plot

to kidnap the governor of Michigan

No, I’m NOT kidding


I am waiting for the United States

of America to add nine more states,

because 59 is a prime number, then we 

can truly be one nation, indivisible

and I am waiting for the 

great goddess Sheeba Storm

to perform her magic on me

and I am waiting while they try 

their best to manufacture consent 

for the next war

and I am waiting to feel 

those propaganda 

vibrations

and I am waiting to either 

sink or swim

and I am waiting for a big 

nothingburger with everything on it, 

side of onion rings,

and an ice cold root beer

and I have been waiting, 

it seems like forever

to find a way around 

the dreaded Catch-22

and I am waiting for them to 

finally free my Palestine


I am waiting for you to whisper sweet

nothings in my ear

I am waiting for the last teardrop 

to fall

I am waiting for the earth’s rivers to stop

running shallow

and I am waiting to paint 

my next picture,

with all kinds of pretty shapes and colors,

and I am waiting to build up

the courage to buy her

a drink,

I am waiting for the drumroll,

then the smash…

and We are perpetually waiting

for the oligarchs to finally

see it Our way.


I am waiting for the undertaker to pick up 

some speed

and I am waiting by and by lord, and in the 

sky lord, by and by

and I am waiting for the girl who truly

smells like teen spirit

and I am waiting to hear the final note

of this Louis Armstrong song

because it reminds me

of her perfection

and I am waiting to get out while

I still can

and I am waiting for the Fourth 

and Fifth Coming

and I am waiting for the people 

who were here before the pilgrims 

to take their country back

and I am waiting for our imagined enemies

to surrender


I am waiting to see if that tree that was 

standing by the water has been moved

Nope, Still there

and I am waiting to throw down my

heavenly burdens

and I am waiting for the military industrial

complex to cry uncle,

or the very least No Tap Backs

and I am waiting for you and I to come to

some kind of arrangement

and I am waiting to finally have 

all my ducks lined up in a row

and I am waiting for our tears 

to bind us together

and I am waiting for the series finale

and I am waiting to put my spell 

on you

and I am perpetually awaiting 

the revolution,

televised or untelevised

and I am waiting for us all to finally 

and forever give peace

a chance



https://idiocracy23.blogspot.com/2022/08/1001-ways-to-make-america-great-and.html

“A magisterial collection. A combination of Bukowski’s Last Night of the Earth 

and Orwell’s 1984.”




 

No comments:

Post a Comment