“The White House says they have everything under control, which must be why they delayed the release of a report from the director of national intelligence that says the United States is not prepared to handle a pandemic. One possible reason why we might not be prepared is back in 2018, Trump fired the entire US pandemic response team to save money. But don’t worry, he has a plan. On Tuesday morning, Trump commented ‘we need the wall more than ever’ on a retweet of someone who argued The Wall could save America from coronavirus. There are more than 1,000 confirmed coronavirus cases in America and fewer than 10 in Mexico. So, he’s right, the wall would help – to protect them from us.” —Jimmy Kimmel
“These are the five stages of coronavirus. First, you have denial: ‘I’m not going to get the coronavirus. Only old people, Chinese people, and people on cruise ships get that.’ Second, anger: ‘Why isn’t there any toilet paper at Target? Is everybody nuts?’ Then bargaining: ‘All right, there’s no Purell. Maybe I’ll make my own hand sanitizer with Jergens and vodka.’ But next comes depression: ‘I can’t believe they canceled Coachella. I’m not gonna get to see Carly Rae Jepsen for a year now!’ And finally, acceptance, which is ‘Hey, you know what? If I die, maybe I’ll get to meet Prince.’” —Jimmy Kimmel
“A magisterial collection. An emotional roller coaster. Soon to be a cult classic.
A combination of Bukowski’s Last Night On Earth and Orwell’s 1984.”
No comments:
Post a Comment