“Some people are ignoring the risks altogether. I’m sorry, that’s insane – you don’t just get to decide what you think about a disease. No one is in the doctor’s office like ‘Doctor, be honest, is it bad?’ and the doctor’s like, ‘Eh, it’s up to you.’” —Trevor Noah
“Given coronavirus fears, the Dow dropped 2,000 points on Tuesday, so President Trump immediately held a press conference to announce his plan to plan to have a plan to do stuff. His speech went something like, ‘I’m here with Mitch McConnell, with others, with everybody to announce some hastily thrown together measures that I feel like I’m just throwing handfuls of dry dog food at a charging tiger but, uh, here’s a tax cut, or maybe some loans, substantial reliefs for everybody, small companies, fat companies, sexy companies, ugly companies! Tell me when one of these works!’” —Stephen Colbert
“Joe Biden and Bernie Sanders cancelled rallies on Tuesday because of the coronavirus, but President Trump said he would continue on as normal, which is a first.” —Jimmy Kimmel
“A magisterial collection. An emotional roller coaster. Soon to be a cult classic.
A combination of Bukowski’s Last Night On Earth and Orwell’s 1984.”

No comments:
Post a Comment