Donations

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Ref! Ref! Open your eyes! (I’m not even sure how much we like ourselves)


“The pundits all said it couldn’t happen, but it did happen, and the Republicans are not very happy about it.”Specifically, conservative talking heads are trying to argue that Democrats are “trying to hijack democracy” with Biden stepping aside. Or, as the Fox News host Sean Hannity called it, “a coup within the Democratic party”.


I get it! If I thought I had this thing in the bag, and you thought you were going to be up against old Joe Biden and then they pulled this, I’d be like, ‘Ref! Ref! Open your eyes!’

I do understand that they’re upset. It makes sense. So how about we do this – out of fairness, I’m a fair person, you can replace your old guy, too. That’s fine! What’s done is done. You’re going to have to shift gears and recalibrate. You’ve had ‘Crooked Joe’ and ‘Sleepy Joe’ on speed dial. You’re going to need a new line of attack.


Republican talking heads complain that Harris “doesn’t like Jewish people.” I am Jewish and I say: Join the club, we’re getting crushed out there right now. I’m not even sure how much we like ourselves.”  —Jon Stewart


https://idiocracy23.blogspot.com/2022/08/1001-ways-to-make-america-great-and.html

“A magisterial collection. A combination of Bukowski’s Last Night of the Earth 

and Orwell’s 1984.”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment