Donations

Friday, October 27, 2017

breaking the old mark held by Cheech (short-term memory loss)



      
"But there were other tributes to attorney general Alberto Gonzales that could also be seen as humorously leading [on screen: DEA admin. Karen Tandy saying, 'History will capture all of the extraordinary records that you set in the area of drugs']. 

Indeed, one of those records Gonzales has now done to promote more short-term memory loss than any other Hispanic American, breaking the old mark held by Cheech. 

It was time for Gonzales' own words, his farewell address. Now obviously, if I may, I'd like to add a personal sentiment here. We've used the attorney general's lack of candor, his use of the phrase 'I don't recall' to reduce him to an amnesiac character. But as you go, Alberto, can you, for me, make one more jaw-droppingly ironic reference to it for me? 

[on screen: Gonzales saying, 'I stand before you today sincerely grateful for the many wonderful memories I have as attorney general']. You don't remember any of it!" --Jon Stewart
      
http://idiocracy23.blogspot.com/2016/06/john-hulse-collected-poems-1985-2015.html #books #Bernie2020 #repealreplacerepublicans

No comments:

Post a Comment