Donations

Sunday, June 18, 2017

if my gaffe offended, I apologize… to Burning Man (McCain's 1983 vote against Martin Luther King Day)



You know, last night was the kick-off of the convention, Democrats were eager to demonstrate party unity [on-screen: hippies and nude dancers] I'm sorry, I'm being told that's not footage from the Democratic Convention, but in fact footage from Burning Man. Well it's an honest mistake so uh, ladies and gentlemen, if my gaffe offended, I apologize… to Burning Man." --Stephen Colbert

"Nation, today is the 88th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote. So, big surprise, tonight the Democrats chose to have Senator Hillary Clinton to give a speech. Now I love women, in fact, some of my best parents are women. But marking this anniversary is the most blatant pandering to female voters since the creation of female voters.

 You know, however long ago that happened. It is not the only anniversary the Democrats are exploiting this week. Thursday night, Barack Obama will honor the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King's 'I Have A Dream' speech, and all Democrats will honor the 25th anniversary of John McCain's 1983 vote against Martin Luther King Day." --Stephen Colbert






No comments:

Post a Comment